DS notes #4
dt - 24/1/17
DCE - Distributed Computing Environment
- Defined - OSF (Open Software Foundation) includes IBM
- not an OS - not application
- Set of tools and services
- installed - OS
- Platform - distributed Application
For example- windows, linux
Domain OS, VMS
- Used network, hardware and transport softwware
Fig- DCE based distributed system
- Collection systems - interconnected - add DCE Software
- Hides differences between machines.
- DCE Components
- Thread package
- Distiributed Time services - DTS Synchronization clocks of all system.
- Name Services-
- Cell Directory Service - CDS
- Global Directory Services - GDS
- Global Directory Agent - GDA
- Resources -uniquely named and accessed.
5) Security services
Tools - authentication - authorization.
6) Distributed File system (DFS)
DS notes #4 Reviewed by akshay salve on 10:59 PM Rating: