DS notes #5
- Message passing - IPC - share information.
- Message passing Approach.
- Sender and receiver - communicate - send and receive primitives.
- Shared Memory Approach - info shared memory
- Message passing approach
- Shared memory approach
- Message passing - parallel computing
- Hardware match
- Functionality - full set of functions
- Programmer - data distribution scheme - resolve data dependencies - avoid deadlock and race condition.
(10 marks) Desirable features of message passing system.
- Uniform semantics
- Sender and receiver local and remote process.
- System - no.of message exchange.
- Optimization technique
- Avoid setup costs and termination.
- Guarantee - message delivery
- Handle - lost and duplicate message.
- Timeout mechanism.
- Sequence number.
- Ordered delivery.
- Secure communication
- Steps - authentication - receiver - sender
- - sender - receiver
DS notes #5 Reviewed by akshay salve on 11:00 PM Rating: